Friday, May 30, 2008

The Weird And Wonderful World Of Door To Door Distribution

I was involved in door to door for years. One can say that I am an expert - and certainly nothing surprises me more. As soon as a representative of a famous politician (May one day participate in decisions that affect the future of the whole country) we rank. The conversation was something like this: Caller: Hello, do you deliver in central London? Me: Sure - how can I help? Caller: Well, I 390000 thousands of leaflets which are required to provide. The next week. Oh, and by the way, I have about 400 boxes of flyers here that I withdrew pallets so that I can adapt to my office, you can retrieve them tomorrow? Me: faints * *. Of course, we had to help him. For we all knew, the poor bloke was trapped in his office for days, surrounded by boxes. We had him, it was almost the weekend, and I did not want the blood of a politician malnourished on my hands.Then it was time that we had to undertake a sample for a distribution of popular cereals breakfast. We were so happy, because until then, the mere distribution of samples, we have been involved in food for cats and tampons - here is something we could actually eat! We thought it was great about one day - until we realized that having to market the product so intense had the surprising effect to be extremely put off. So far, even the name of cereals makes me sick to my stomach.On the same subject, offering to distribute samples of tampons is not exactly the best experience of my life. Having to knock on the door of people and ask big hulking men for "housewife" was bad enough. When they replied: "It is not, you can deal with me," he was extremely embarrassing. I've never dealt with so many confused men before or since. And imagine having to carry around six cans of cat food for all households with a pet during one of the hottest summers on record.I 've had a ring distributor for saying he could no longer continue to working for us, because he had been driven on the road by an animal. We thought he heard a dog, but in reality he was harassed by a large rooster. On a less amusing note, many of our distributors over the years have been victims of amputations door. " It is a very messy procedure, and usually involves a vicious dog and a finger left a few seconds too long in a mailbox. Sometimes the mailbox itself takes vengeance, slamming closed does not questioned before the distributor may withdraw its hand.One our distributors rang me just last week with an amazing history. It is an eccentric, hippie type of work for us to support its burgeoning career as a writer. She lives in a very expensive country and, therefore, never money. She informed me that she has only two pieces of furniture, a table for meals and a bed - both in thirty years. When I asked her what she served, she mentioned that she uses old boxes and left leaflets on our part, and patterns in the chairs. It is truly one of the strangest people I've ever met.Door door to distribution is a strange and wonderful world, and believe me, you need a good sense of humour and a sense of the strange to survive.
Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/direct-mail-articles/the-weird-and-wonderful-world-of-door-to-door-distribution-431506.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home